July 7, 2017
CITIZENSHIP IN THE NATION (ST. LOUIS)
This session is full. To add your name to the wait list, please see below.
Friday, July 7, 2017
Old Courthouse at the Jefferson National Expansion Memorial AND
Thomas F. Eagleton U.S. Courthouse
8:30 a.m. Check-In | 9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Program
Free but reservations required (see below) | Flyer
Learn what it means to be a citizen of the United States by participating in a variety of sessions, visiting a site that is on the National Register of Historic Places and touring a federal facility. The program begins at the Historic Old Courthouse and ends at the Thomas F. Eagleton U.S. Courthouse. Presenters will be from both facilities, and will include a Federal Judge.
Participants will need to arrive at the Old Courthouse at 8:30 a.m. for check-in. Following the program at the Old Courthouse, the group will walk to the Eagleton Courthouse at 10 a.m. and will be dismissed from there at 4:30 p.m.
The workshop is free, but reservations are required, and space is limited. Please read below for reservation guidelines:
- Minimum age requirement: Scouts MUST have reached 13th birthday by July 18.
- Registrations will be taken on a first-come, first-served basis, beginning at 7 a.m. on Monday, April 3. Once the program is full, additional names will be added to a waiting list.
- To register or be added to the wait list, emailRachel_Marshall@ca8.uscourts.gov beginning April 3. Emails will be checked in the order they are received. Phone registrations will not be taken this year.
- Subject line of the email: July 7 Citizenship in the Nation
- You may register multiple Scouts with one email, but you MUST have complete information for each Scout. Spots will not be held for any Scouts with missing information.
- Include the following information for EACH Scout:
- Full Name
- Scout district AND troop number
- Age Scout will be on July 18
- Allergies/special needs/other health concerns
- Name of parent attending (optional)
- Name and cell # of an emergency contact who is NOT attending the program
- Email address and phone number for each Scout/family
- New this year: Logistics packet and required pre-requisite assignments are posted here – http://judiciallearningcenter.org/boy-scouts-citizenship-in-the-nation/
- Each Scout is responsible for accessing the packet and going over the logistics on their own.
- Each Scout must print out his own pre-requisites, or complete on his own paper USING THE FORMAT IN THE PACKET. Do not use other packets you might find on other websites.
To Bring: Scouts should bring a copy of the Merit Badge Pamphlet, a pencil, and a signed Merit Badge Card. Scouts will need to bring completed pre-requisite activities as well. Scouts should also bring a sack lunch. A bottle of water and a morning snack are also suggested.
Call or email with questions any time at (314) 244-2410 orRachel_Marshall@ca8.uscourts.gov.
Citizenship in the Nation Requirements – 3, 6, and 8 must be completed in advance. 1, 2, 4, 5, and 7 will be completed at the skill center.
The website is www.MOED.uscourts.gov/scouts.