August 26, 2017
2017 Fall Hiking Merit Badge Class
Offered by Max Maier
Would you like to explore Edwardsville, St Louis and the surrounding area by foot? Then this Merit Badge is for you! Only 7,485 scouts earned the Hiking MB in 2016.
This class is offered over 6 days will complete the 70 miles of Hiking and fulfill requirements for the Hiking merit badge. Hikes are planned and include :
1) August 19th – 5 miles across the Chain of Rocks Bridge
2) August 26th – 10 miles through Pere Marquette State Park
3) September 2nd – 10 miles around Lost Valley Trail
4) September 23rd – 10 miles along MCT Watershed Trail
5) October 7th – 15 miles from Marine, IL to Edwardsville Township Park
6) October 14th – 20 miles from Edwardsville to the ST. Louis Arch
7) October 21st – Back up date
Become one of the few Scouts that has this Merit Badge and work towards your National Outdoors Awards for Hiking.
On the first day Scouts will spend 30 minutes going over Requirements 1a, 1b, 2 and 3 so read up before you come out to hike. Scouts need to be ready for hiking with appropriate footwear, a change of socks, a light day pack, a full water bottle and a snacks or a small lunch for the trail. Uniform will be Class B's for all scouts.
It is requested that Scouts that are not 2nd Class Rank or under 12 years of age, have a parent or guardian attend and participate in the hike.
If you can’t make all the days I will work with any scout to complete Requirements
Starting time will will be determined and emailed to scouts that have signed up for the event. Plans are to start hikes at 8am, weather pending. Mr. Maier will email start times once he has details on the weather.
If you have any questions or want sign up contact:
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org