Hi, everyone. We have some rapidly approaching events and payment deadlines.
1. Pre-Camp Swim Classification Tests
– If your Scout wishes to attend the Spring Camporee, the
canoeing segment of the relay race and most of the open boating options
require the Scout to be classified as a BSA swimmer. Swim tests expire
after 12 months, so if your Scout tested last spring, he will need to
re-test. (If your Scout tested at Summer Camp last year, it will still be
– Registration: Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org *by
Wednesday, April 13th* to register for one of two swim sessions (cost
– Sunday, April 24th at 3:30 pm at Principia School, 13201 Clayton
Rd, St. Louis MO (only 5 spots open)
– Sunday, May 1st at 1:00 pm at the Collinsville/Maryville/Troy
YMCA, 1 Town Center Dr., Maryville, IL
2. Spring Camporee (Camp Warren Levis, May 6-8)
– Payment and Permission: *due Monday, May 2nd*. The permission slip
is attached below.
3. Summer Camp (S bar F, Famous Eagle, June 12-18)
– Registration: If your Scout wants to attend summer camp and you
have not already registered them through the Parent Portal
please email me at email@example.com to get login information for
the Parent Portal.
– Payment: The Early Bird payment is *due Wednesday, April 13th*
through the Parent Portal
save $20 off the camping fee. (You may also break that up into 2 payments
due 4/29 and 5/31, but you won’t get the discount.)
4. ZBASE (June 25-July 2)
– Payment: The final payment of $250 is *due Monday, April 25th*,
payable to Troop 216 by check, cash or Scout Account.
I know it’s a lot of info, but I wanted to avoid a bunch of separate
emails. Any questions, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. (Do not reply to
this email because the troop Inbox is not regularly monitored.)
Unit Outdoors/Activities Chair
Additional information available on our webpage: www.troop216bsa.com –
check the site often for Troop news, resources, calendar updates, etc.
Please note that this email account is not monitored 24/7. If you have a
question for a specific adult leader, please contact them privately.
Troop Committee Chair – Mike O’Koniewski email@example.com
Scoutmaster – Mark Mason firstname.lastname@example.org
Advancements – Barb Kane email@example.com
New Member Coordinator – Tara Kuhne firstname.lastname@example.org